Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Activities for kids in car

Color by Number Addition Pages

My Seven asked for color by number pages. I wanted to make something which would challenge her and give something she loves, so I set addition facts on those fairy tale figures. You can find the listing of ten free pages by visiting this particular post.


Road Trip Printables

Searched high and low for free road trip printables. These were the best that I could find because not only are they from talented bloggers, they are also easy to download and print. The Beautiful road trip drawing prompts (empty road and truck) are from Picklebums. The Lovelyhand-drawn BINGO games are from Housing a Forest. The Easy and vibrant Road Trip BINGO is from This Reading Mama. For Children who can see, Interstate BINGO is just another interesting printable from This Reading Mama. My Seven and Five will enjoy this one. The Car Scavenger Hunt is out of a giant collection of road trip printables from 123Homeschool4Me.

Magnetic Pattern Block Activities

We Have routine blocks, but for this trip I bought a magnetic set of blocks so the kids can use them on their baking sheets. I discovered the massive pattern block activities at PreKinders. I printed a transport, snowflake, and creatures set. The children can each set a paper on their board and pay it with the magnetic blocks. I also printed the small set of designs out of Kelly's Kindergarten and jump them with a ring. (You will have to shrink her designs before printing them if you want them little.) My older kids can recreate these images onto their own boards.

We Are planning a lengthy drive this week. We're hitting the road before sunup and pushing until way past bedtime. As a survival strategy I have prepared a giant collection of road excursion activities for children. In Only a brief while our family is going to be taking a road trip. A Road that is very loooong excursion. As In, start driving at 3 AM and reach our destination after 10 PM. With five kids ages 7 and under. And We do not have a DVD player in our van. This May seem a little mad, but badly? Putting all seven people in a hotel room having a baby still waking up every two hours seems a great deal crazier. So I have been operating at a creating and collecting an assortment of activities to keep my team occupied for our big adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment